the basis for people to reach their full potential.
We believe education provides people with the opportunity to expand their talents and capabilities. Through our grantmaking, we hope to inspire them to reach their full potential both as individuals and as contributing citizens of a greater community. We are especially interested in programs that make quality education accessible to those who are personally committed.
Our Education Grants fall into seven focus areas:
- Financial Literacy – programs that provide middle and high school students and adults with basic financial and investment skills to help them become financially self-sufficient.
- Health Care Career Development – programs that spark interest among high school and college students in health care-related career paths or enhance the skills of health care professionals to equip individuals to have careers that offer opportunities for economic advancement while also positively impacting societal health.
- High School, College and Career Success – programs that provide motivated students and young adults of limited means with the academic support, personal skills and financial resources needed to reach their full potential in school and careers.
- Liberty, Citizenship and Free Enterprise – programs that educate and promote the principles of liberty, citizenship and free enterprise to elementary through graduate school students and adults.
- Literacy – programs that develop the literacy skills of children, birth through elementary school age, improve the pedagogy of teachers and ensure support for this learning among parents so that young children become functionally literate and are prepared for success in their future education and life.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) – programs that provide STEM education to pre-school through graduate school students or professional development for teachers, promote STEM careers or deliver engaging STEM content to the general public.
- Student Health – programs that foster the physical health of pre-school through high school students to help them stay enrolled and be productive in school.